Return to School
July 14, 2020
Cerro Gordo Parents,
This communication is intended to inform you of where we are at present in the planning for the opening of the 2020-21 school year at Cerro Gordo Schools. Though the Illinois State Board of Education has provided school districts with their recommendations, we have also recently learned that they may soon be updating some of their guidance. We will continue working on the school reopening plan for Cerro Gordo CUSD #100, but also want to provide you with a synopsis of the major elements of our plan at present.
- The first half day of school for students will be Monday, August 17, with full days of student attendance beginning August 18.
- CG Schools will adhere to IDPH & ISBE guidelines in making sure buildings are safe and that protocols are followed. Therefore our current plan calls for daily in-person attendance for students with an approximate one hour early dismissal each day.
- The early dismissal each day is necessary to provide our teachers additional time for planning and communicating lessons/assignments to any and all students unable to attend in person, as well as sufficient time for the required increase in school wide cleaning and disinfection.
- Everyone in school will be required to wear masks when around others inside the school. Face masks and social distancing are required components of the school reopening guidance provided by ISBE. PLEASE SEE “ISBE” link below.
- Sending students to school is parent certification that the students are temperature and COVID-19 symptom free.
Working together, we believe all of the above can be accomplished in the best interest of educating our students, while maintaining the well-being of our students and staff.
Any and all parts of the plan are subject to change pursuant to updated public health guidance and changing public health conditions. Any changes will be communicated to parents in a timely manner.
It is our intention to have a reopening plan shared publicly for what the 2020-2021 school year will look like in Cerro Gordo no later than Monday, August 3, 2020. Your input will help guide our transition planning team in the development of the reopening plan of Cerro Gordo Schools. Please click on 2nd link below to complete a Return to School Survey.
Thank you for your patience and support as we work to navigate these challenging circumstances together.